Turkey Meatball Soup with Wheat Dinner Rolls
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. Italian seasonings
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ C. chopped onion & green pepper (using frozen thawed makes this super easy!)
- ½ onion
- ½ lb. carrots
- 1 bunch of kale
- 6 C. chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ C. (small bunch) of flat leaf parsley
*Bakery Fresh Wheat Dinner Rolls
What You’ll Need
- Large pot
- Mixing Bowl
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
Preparing the Meatballs
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Put the ground turkey in a mixing bowl, add the egg, Italian seasoning, onion and green peppers, salt & pepper.
- Mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put spoonful’s of the meatball mixture on the baking sheet. (Keep it simple and don’t bother with shaping them into balls.)
- Put them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Cut the onion in half, peel and dice.
- Chop the carrot into chunky pieces.
- Add 1Tbsp. oil in a large pot on medium heat, add the onions and carrots.
- Simmer until onion becomes transparent, about 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, bay leaves and parsley, bring to a simmer. Let simmer for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the kale, let it wilt and become soft- about 5 minutes.
- Carefully add the meatballs to the pot. Gently stir. Turn off the heat.
- Remove the bay leaves!
Spoon up a Bowl
- Spoon into a soup bowl, top with Italian cheese and serve with warm dinner rolls. YUM!!!