This is THE. BEST. food combination in the history of mankind, except for maybe caramel and cheese popcorn, that’s actually the BEST! LOL!!
Printable PDF recipe with photos: Apple Mustard Chicken Tenders
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1-½ lb. chicken tenderloins
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 2 small Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- ½ C. packed brown sugar
- ¼ C. stone-ground mustard
What You’ll Need
- Large skillet
- Cooking spray
- Salt & pepper
Cooking the Chicken
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Remove from pan.
Make the Apples
- Add apples, brown sugar and mustard to same pan; toss to combine.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat 3-4 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Stir in chicken; heat through.
Prepare the Sweet Potatoes
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes in bite size cubes and put in a medium saucepan.
- Cover with water and place on the stove on medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, turn down and simmer for about 15 minutes or until fork tender.
Plate Your Dish
- Spoon the sweet potatoes on your plate.
- Add the chicken and apple mixture, spoon the sauce over potatoes.