Halloween Spider Cake Pops
- 1 Cake (already baked and cooled)
- ½ -1C. Frosting
- 1-2 packages of CandiQuick chocolate
- Stick pretzels
- Wooden skewers
- Baking sheet(s)
- Parchment paper
- Candy eyes or tiny M&M’s
- Crock pot filled halfway with water
- Medium bowl
- Large spoon
- Bake the cake and let it cook completely
- Crumble cake in a large bowl.
- Add ½ cup frosting, mix well; add additional frosting until the cake is no longer crumbly, but be careful not too add too much. You DO NOT want a frosting pop, you want a CAKE pop!
- Roll TWO equal sizes of cake balls; one smaller and one larger-one for the head and one for the body.
- Take a skewer and put a large and a small cake ball on the skewer.
- Add 8 pretzels stick for the legs.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Put warm water in crockpot and turn on warm.
- Melt chocolate candy quick according to the package directions in a medium glass bowl.
- Place in the crockpot, making sure NO WATER gets in the chocolate (the bowl should be large enough to sit on the rim of the crockpot).
- Carefully dipped the spiders in the bowl, coating them thoroughly with the chocolate, using a large spoon if necessary.
- Let excess chocolate drip off before placing on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- GENTLY pull the skewer out and put a little chocolate to cover the hole if needed.
- Put the eyes on right away or “glue” them on with chocolate later.
- Let set.