Step by step instruction on how to make easy, fast sesame chicken. Done in under 30 minutes, this is THE BEST – it is love at first bite!! It is so sweet, so tender and SOOOO DELICIOUS!! You will not be able to get it in your mouth fast enough!!
Printable PDF with photos: Easy Sesame Chicken
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp, cornstarch + ½ Tbsp.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ C. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 3 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- ½ tsp ginger
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 2 whole green onions
What You’ll Need
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Medium Skillet
- Salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp. water
Prepare the Sauce
- In a small bowl stir together the soy sauce, water, sesame oil, brown sugar, rice vinegar, ginger, minced garlic, ½ Tbsp. cornstarch, and sesame seeds.
- Set the sauce aside.
- Trim any excess fat from the chicken thighs, then cut them into small 1 inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, 2 Tbsp. cornstarch, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Toss the chicken in the egg and cornstarch mixture.
Cook the Chicken
- Add 1Tbsp. oil to a large skillet and heat it over medium flame.
- Wait until the skillet is very hot, swirl the skillet to make sure the oil coats the entire surface.
- Add the batter coated chicken and spread it out into a single layer over the surface of the skillet.
- Allow the chicken pieces to cook, undisturbed, until golden brown on the bottom.
- Carefully flip the chicken, breaking up the pieces into smaller clumps as you flip.
- Continue to cook the chicken until golden brown on the other side. Stir the chicken as little as possible to avoid breaking the egg coating from the surface of the chicken.
- Once the chicken is cooked through and golden brown on all sides, pour the sauce over top.
- Toss the chicken to coat in the sauce.
- As the sauce comes up to a simmer, it will begin to thicken.
- Continue to gently stir the chicken in the sauce until it has thickened, then turn off the heat.
Cook the Chicken
- Prepare rice according to package directions
Plate Your Dish
- Serve the chicken over a bed of rice and sprinkle the sliced green onions over top.