Printable Recipe with Photos: Bacon Wrapped Pork Tenderloin
Bacon Wrapped Maple Pork Tenderloin with Mashed Potatoes and Broiled Broccoli
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pork tenderloin (marinated if possible)
- 8 to 10 slices good-quality bacon
- 4 tbsp. maple syrup or raw honey
IF NOT MARINATED
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper
POTATOES & BROCCOLI
- 1 stick of butter
- ½ C. chicken broth
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 -2 bunches of broccoli
- 2 large russet potatoes
What You’ll Need
- Small Mixing Bowl
- Baking sheet
- Cooking rack
- Olive oil
- Do not preheat the oven.
- IF THE PORK IS NOT MARINADED: In a bowl, combine the paprika, chili powder, cinnamon, and salt and pepper to taste. Rub the entire surface of the pork tenderloin with the spice mixture.
- Wash, peel and cut potatoes in 1-inch pieces, put in a pot and cover with water.
- Wash and cut broccoli into bite size pieces.
Wrap the Tenderloin in Bacon
- Lay the bacon next to each other on a cutting board, slightly overlapping. The width of the bacon should be enough to wrap the length of the pork.
- Tuck the thin end under so the length of the pork is roughly the same thickness.
- Place the bacon wrapped tenderloin on rack sprayed with cooking spray on a baking sheet, also sprayed with cooking spray- improvise if necessary, the bacon juice needs to be able to drain.
- Slowly drizzle maple syrup on top and brush evenly.
Cook the Tenderloin
- Put the bacon wrapped tenderloin in the oven, THEN turn the oven on 400°.
- Cook for 20 minutes then turn the oven off and leave it in the oven for 10 minutes. The bacon should be cooked, brown and crispy.
- Take out and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
While the Tenderloin is Cooking: Preparing the Potatoes
- Put potatoes on the stove and bring to a boil. Let simmer 10 minutes or until soft.
- Drain thoroughly and put in a bowl.
- Drop the stick of butter in and cover it with hot potatoes so it melts!
- Add the chicken broth, salt and pepper.
- Using a potato masher mash the potatoes.
While the Tenderloin is Cooking: Roast the Broccoli
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Put broccoli on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil, minced garlic and salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
Plate your Dish!
- Divide the potatoes between plates.
- Fan pork over over the potatoes
- Place broccoli next to potatoes and pork.