There are not only creative SOOOOOO DEEEELLIICCIIOOUUUSSS!!!!
Step by step instructions on how to make chocolate covered witches fingers with SHINY black nail polish!!
You will Need:
- Pretzel Rods: you can use a whole pretzel rod or break them in half.
- Blanched Almonds: these are almonds without the skin. Put the almonds in a heat-safe bowl and pour boiling water on top to cover. Let stand for one minute (don’t let them soak too long in the hot water or the nuts themselves will soften too much). Drain the almonds and run cold water over them to cool them down, they skin peels right off!
- Green Candy Coating
- Black Candy Coating (just a little bit)
- Black Gel Food Coloring
- Craft Knife
- Small Brush
- Wooden Skewer
Using the craft knife flatten one side of the almond – it will lay nice and flat on the “finger”. Using melted candy coating, dip the brush in the candy coating and “glue” the flat side of the nail on parchment paper; it will make “painting the nails” easier!
- Using the craft knife flatten one side of the tip of the pretzel rod – it will keep the “nail” and the finger flush.
- Using the small brush, paint the nails with the black gel food coloring, they will nice and shiny!! Let them dry.
- Dip the pretzels (carved side first) in the green candy coating, place on parchment paper to dry.
- After the green candy coating has set a little bit (2-3 minutes), use the wooden skewer to create knuckles.
- Once the candy coating has thoroughly dried, use candy coating to glue on the black nails.