Cooking with Coop
Cake Batter Ice Cream
- 1C. Whole milk
- 2C. Heavy whipping cream
- 3/4C. Sugar
- 1t. Vanilla
- ~1C. Cake batter
- Whisk together the milk and sugar
- Add in vanilla
- Whisk in heavy cream
- Chill in the refrigerator for several hours or overnight
- Once chilled, pour mixture into ice cream maker and churn for at least 7-8 minutes before adding in the extras.
- Churn for about 10 minutes all together, then pour into a container with a lid and let freeze overnight.
Chocolate Chip Cookies & Chocolate Gnoch
- 2 ½ C. Flour
- 1.t Baking Soda
- 1 ½ t. Salt
- Mix into a bowl.
- 2 Stick unsalted butter
- 1 ½ C. Brown Sugar
- ¾ C. Sugar
- Put in mixing bowl and mix until creamy
- 2 Eggs
- 1t. Vanilla
- ~1C. Flour
- Add eggs in one at a time. Then add vanilla.
- Mix until very creamy.
- Begin to slowly add in flour mixture until batter becomes sticky.
- Begin to add more flour ¼ cup at a time, until the dough is no longer sticky BUT NOT CRUMBLY, usually about 1 cup.
- 1 ½ Bags of chocolate chips
- Stir chips in the dough mixture.
- On a baking sheet with parchment paper, put large globs of cookie dough into to rows with 4-5 in each row.
- Bake at 350 degrees for an initial 8 minutes then add another 2 minutes at a time until the bottoms of the cookies are brown, usually 11-12 minutes total depending on the oven.
- Remove them from the oven and let cool on a separate plate.
Chocolate Gnoch (Spread)
- 1C. Heavy whipping cream
- 1 bag of chocolate chips
- Pour the chocolate chips into a bowl.
- Add the heavy whipping cream into a pan and heat to ALMOST boiling.
- Pour the heated cream over the chocolate chip and add a pinch of salt and DO NOT TOUCH for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, whisk chocolate until creamy.
- Let sit for another 30 minutes.
- Gluten-Free Bread
- Cream Cheese
- Turkey Breast
- Spread mayo or mustard on bread.
- Add bacon, tomato, lettuce & cheese.
- Spread cream cheese on half deli turkey slice and fold over.
- Place on sandwich.
- Repeat step 3 until you have four slices on your sandwich.
- Put the top slice on your sandwich and ENJOY!!
P.S. Easy Bacon Cooking Tip
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay bacon slices close together on baking sheet.
- Put baking sheet in the oven.
- THEN turn on the oven.
- Set timer for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven; PERFECTLY cooked!!
Delicious, Easy, Healthy Make-Ahead Lunches
- Grape tomatoes
- Cucumber- peeled, halved and sliced
- Cooked chicken
- Feta Cheese
- 2oz. container for dressing
- Salad dressing
- Fill a tall container with torn up lettuce.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, chicken
- Top with feta cheese
- Fill 2oz. container with dressing and place inside the container.
- Put the lid on and store until ready to take to work!
**Note** Make 2-3 days at a time.
Grocery Shopping for a Healthy Week of Meals
- Egg whites- 32oz=5 egg whites/day for 5 days.
- Parmesan cheese
- Goat cheese
- Lettuce-leaf lettuce, red lettuce or Romaine
- 2 or 3 avocados
- 2-3 plum tomatoes
- Russet potatoes
- Cucumber (and any other veggies you would like in your salads)
- Turkey breast from the Deli
- Chicken breasts-large package
- Rice pasta
- Black beans
- Artichoke hearts
- Gluten-Free bread (Trader Joe’s brand-white or wheat)
- Tamari sauce
- Minced garlic
Valentine-Love- Cherry Pies
- Premade Pie Crust
- 1/3C. Sugar
- ¼ C. Water
- 2T. Cornstarch
- 1T. lime juice
- 3C. fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries-no pits
- 1 egg-lightly beaton
- Course sugar
- In a saucepan combine sugar, water, cornstarch and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add cherries; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir 1 minute or until thick.
- Remove from heat, stir, set a side to cool
- Preheat oven to 400°
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the piecrust.
- Cut out hearts with a 4” cookie cutter.
- Using a knife or a ¼ “ heart shape cookie cutter cut out small hearts from remaining hearts.
- Spoon 2T. cherries onto center of crust.
- Brush edges of pastry with egg, top with cutout hearts and press edges with a fork.
- Brush tops with egg, sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Let pies stand 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Credit: Taste of Home
Amazingly Delicious Gluten-Free Bread
Lactose Free/Gluten Free
- 3 ½ C. Pamela’s Gluten Bread Mix
- ¼ C. Sugar
- 1 package of yeast
- ¾ C. warm water
- ¼ C. melted butter
- ½ C. Vanilla almond milk
- 3 eggs
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine water and yeast. Stir to combine. The water should be between 110-115 degrees F.; which is pretty much hot tap water. Don’t microwave it, it’ll be too hot!! Let the yeast dissolve in the water while you measure your dry ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour mixture and sugar.
- Add yeast mixture, butter, milk and eggs.
- Using an electric mixer, mix dough for five minutes on medium-high speed. Your dough should be soft, thick, and sticky. The dough will not form a cohesive dough ball. If you are using a handheld mixer, the dough will try to “climb” the beaters. Be sure to use a rubber spatula to push the dough back into the bowl.
- Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with vegetable spray.
- Spread batter evenly into the pan.
- Cover the loaf lightly with a piece of greased plastic wrap. (If you cover the loaf tightly, the dough will have trouble rising.)
- Allow dough to rise for at least 1 hour. If an hour isn’t long enough let it rise until it has risen a little over the top of the pan, then it is ready.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. (Keep dough covered while preheating the oven.)
- Remove plastic wrap and bake for 55 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 208 degrees-211 degrees F. If the crust of your bread begins to get too dark before the internal temperature of the bread reaches 208 degrees, simply cover the loaf with a piece of aluminum foil. This will allow the bread to continue baking without burning the crust.
- Remove bread from oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Turn it out onto a wire rack to cool.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely. Store at room temperature for two to three days or slice and freeze. Do not refrigerate–this will make for soggy bread!