Valentine Cookie Pops
- 3 C. cake flour
- baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 eggs
- sour cream
- 1 t. vanilla
- Lollipop sticks
- Vanilla candy coating
- Valentine sprinkles
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time, mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll sugar cookie dough on a lightly floured surface about ½” thick.
- Cut into heart shapes using heart shaped cookie cutters.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While they are still warm, using heart shaped cookie cutter, cut them out again to reshape them. They get poofy when they bake.
- Melt a small amount of vanilla candy coating.
- Dip the tip of a lollipop stick about 1” into melted candy coating and insert stick into bottom of cookie about 1”. Repeat. Return cookies to parchment lined baking sheet. Let chill for an hour.
- Melt candy coating in a coffee cup, dip cookies in melted candy coating, place on parchment lined baking sheet and decorate with sprinkles!
- Let sit for at least an hour before wrapping.
Chicken Romaine Lettuce Boats
- Basha’s Rotisserie chicken-removed from bone
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry/grape tomatoes- cut in half
- Bacon-cooked and cut into bits
- Spreadable cream cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Spread cream cheese on Romaine lettuce leaf.
- Add chicken.
- Top with tomatoes, avocado & bacon.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
I am soooo excited to have been chosen by the Bashas’ judges for my Bashas’ rotisserie chicken recipe challenge!
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeños Stuffed with Cheese
12-15 Jalapeños (small)
12-15 slices of bacon
¼C. pkg. cream cheese ( ½ cup)
½C. shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°
- PUT ON GLOVES then… cut each jalapeno in half lengthwise and remove seeds. (DO NOT TOUCH YOUR FACE OR EYES… You’ll burn your eye out! J)
- Keep jalapeno halves together.
- Combine room temperature cream cheese and shredded cheese in bowl and mix well.
- Fill each half of jalapeno with the cheese mixture and put halves back together.
- Place bacon slice on a flat surface and roll/wrap jalapeno up in the bacon.
- Place on a rack sprayed with cooking spray on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 400° for about 15 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
Cinnamon Baked Apples
- Apples (any kind; sweet are the best)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut apples into bite size pieces and place into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and stir.
- Add enough water to cover the bottom of the baking dish.
- Bake covered with tin foil for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender.
DONE!!! Healthy, delicious an NO SUGAR!!!
Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Appetizers
- Ground meat
- Leaf lettuce
- Grape tomatoes
- Cook bacon and cut into 2” pieces
- Cut cheese into 1” squares
- Using a small amount of meat, roll into 1” meatballs.
- Press hands together to make them flat; they should be a little bigger than a quarter.
- Cook in a skillet on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip them over, cook another minute, place the cheese pieces on top and cover with a lid until the cheese melts; about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Slide the round end of the tomato onto a toothpick.
- Fold a small piece of leaf lettuce in half and slide on the toothpick.
- Add the bacon
- Add the mini cheeseburger.
Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella, Pepperoni Appetizer
- Grape tomatoes
- Mozzarella balls; I buy the marinated ones
- Fresh basil
- Slide a tomato on the toothpick
- Fold a basil leaf in half (or quarters if the leaf is huge)
- Fold the pepperoni in quarters
- Slide a mozzarella ball on the end.
- 1 jar of Queso cheese (mild or medium)
- 1 lb. of ground beef or ground turkey
- garlic salt
- chili powder
- OR 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix (mild or medium)
- Brown the meat in large pan or skillet until done.
- Drain off the excess liquid.
- Add the packet of taco mix to the meat.
- Add about ¼ C. water.
- Mix well, simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Take the lid off of the jar of queso…. ?
- Put the jar of queso cheese in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the meat mixture and stir well.
Good I.Dee: To keep it warm, transfer it to a slow cooker and turn it on warm.
Pear-Cranberry Deliciousness Sauce
Make this the night before Thanksgiving; it will be nice an chilled.
- 1 (12oz.) package of fresh cranberries
- 3 medium pears Buy these at least a 5 days before Thanksgiving so theywill be ripe.
- 1 C. sugar
- ¾ C. water
- 1t. ginger
- ¼t. cinnamon
- 1/8t. salt
- Peel, core and dice the pears.
- In a medium pan, combine all the ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until berries pop about 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate.
Subscribe to Kathy Cooper’s Sunny Funny Creations YouTube Channel
For all things delicious, crafty, creative & fun!