Cooking with Coop
Tomato, Basil, Mozzarella, Pepperoni Appetizer
- Grape tomatoes
- Mozzarella balls; I buy the marinated ones
- Fresh basil
- Slide a tomato on the toothpick
- Fold a basil leaf in half (or quarters if the leaf is huge)
- Fold the pepperoni in quarters
- Slide a mozzarella ball on the end.
- 1 jar of Queso cheese (mild or medium)
- 1 lb. of ground beef or ground turkey
- garlic salt
- chili powder
- OR 1 pkg. taco seasoning mix (mild or medium)
- Brown the meat in large pan or skillet until done.
- Drain off the excess liquid.
- Add the packet of taco mix to the meat.
- Add about ¼ C. water.
- Mix well, simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Take the lid off of the jar of queso…. ?
- Put the jar of queso cheese in the microwave for about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the meat mixture and stir well.
Good I.Dee: To keep it warm, transfer it to a slow cooker and turn it on warm.
Pear-Cranberry Deliciousness Sauce
Make this the night before Thanksgiving; it will be nice an chilled.
- 1 (12oz.) package of fresh cranberries
- 3 medium pears Buy these at least a 5 days before Thanksgiving so theywill be ripe.
- 1 C. sugar
- ¾ C. water
- 1t. ginger
- ¼t. cinnamon
- 1/8t. salt
- Peel, core and dice the pears.
- In a medium pan, combine all the ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until berries pop about 20-30 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate.
Subscribe to Kathy Cooper’s Sunny Funny Creations YouTube Channel
For all things delicious, crafty, creative & fun!
Halloween Cake Pops
- 1 Cake (already baked and cooled)
- ½ -1C. Frosting
- 1-2 packages of CandiQuick chocolate
- Sucker/cake pop sticks
- Baking sheet(s)
- Parchment paper
- Crock pot filled halfway with water
- Medium bowl
- Halloween/Fall sprinkles
- Chocolate toffee
- Crushed peanuts
- Cake pop bags
- Bake the cake and let it cook completely
- Crumble cake in a large bowl.
- Add ½ cup frosting, mix well; add additional frosting until the cake is no longer crumbly, but be careful not too add too much. You DO NOT want a frosting pop, you want a CAKE pop!
- Roll all the cake mixture into1-2” cake balls and place on a plate.
- Melt chocolate candy quick according to the package directions in a medium glass bowl.
- Place in the crockpot, making sure NO WATER gets in the chocolate (the bowl should be large enough to sit on the rim of the crockpot).
- ***TIP***-WASH YOUR HANDS BEOFRE YOU HANDLE THE SUCKER STICKS!! Otherwise your sucker stick will end up looking “dirty”!
- Take a sucker stick dip it in the melted chocolate and put it in the center of each cake ball.
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Get your toppings ready; put different topping on separate plates or in separate areas on parchment paper.
- Carefully dipped cake pops the bowl, coating them thoroughly with the chocolate.
- Let excess chocolate drip off .
- Coat with your favorite sprinkles, toppings or decorations!
- Let set.
**TIP** If you are using white/vanilla candy coating, use white or yellow cake & frosting for your cake pop.
Chocolate Dipped Halloween Pretzels
- Pretzel rods
- CandiQuick chocolate and/or vanilla dipping coating
- Tall glass(es)
- Parchment paper
- Paper plates
- Pretzel bags
- Halloween spider/bat plastic rings
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Finely chopped peanuts
TIP: Stay away from the heavier cupcake candy decorations, they are too heavy and won’t stick to the pretzel.
- Melt the chocolate in the tall glass in the microwave according to the package directions.
- Lay the glass on its side to get the chocolate to run down the side of the glass.
- Pour your toppings on separate individual plates in a horizontal line wide enough for the coated pretzel to fit.
- Roll the pretzel rod lightly in the chocolate holding the glass on its side making sure to coat the whole pretzel without over coating it. Turn the glass and the pretzel vertically letting the excess chocolate drip into the glass; twist the pretzel slowly to get off the excess.
- Lay the coated pretzel in the topping on the plate and sprinkle the top and sides of the pretzel with more. DO NOT TOUCH IT FOR AT LEAST FIVE MINUTES.
- Repeat using all your different toppings.
**TIP: After dipping, set the pretzel on the plate with one end on the edge of the plate so the other end is the only part of the coated pretzel touching the plate. This keep the “flat” look to a minimum when it dries.
To add vanilla swirls (or chocolate swirls to a vanilla coated pretzel), after dipping, let sit for about 5 minutes, then using a spoon, lightly stream your swirl flavor over the cooled pretzel.
- Let set for 24 hours
- Slide them gently them in pretzel bags, tie with a ribbon and decorate with a spider ring!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
- 3 ½C. Pamela’s Gluten-Free flour Mixture
- ¼ C. sugar
- 1 pkg. yeast
- ¾ C. warm water
- ¼ C. melted butter
- ½ C. vanilla almond milk
- 3 eggs
- In a small bowl or measuring cup combine warm water and yeast. (The water should be between 110-115 degrees; which is pretty much hot tap water. I would not microwave it, it’ll be too hot! Let the yeast dissolve in the water while you measure your dry ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine flour, and sugar
- Add butter, milk, eggs and yeast mixture
- Mix dough for 5 minutes using a standing mixer (if you are using a handheld mixer, the dough will climb up the beater, be sure to use a spatula to push it back down into the bowl) If you are using a Cuisinart food processor then it only takes about 15-20 seconds. The dough should be soft, thick and sticky.
- Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray
- Spread batter evenly into the loaf pan and smooth the top with your spatula.
- Spray a piece of plastic wrap and lightly place it on top of the loaf pan.
- Allow dough to rise for at least an hour and a half- sometimes I let it rise for two hours. It should be a bit over the top of the load pan. During the last 15 minutes or so, preheat the oven to 350°.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake for 55 minutes. If the crust begins gets dark too quickly, cover the loaf loosely with tin foil.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it rest about 10 minutes.
- Turn it onto a wire rack to cool.
- Allow the loaf to cool completely; store at room temperature for two of three days, or slice and freeze. Do not refrigerate!
Mexican Crockpot Chicken
- 4-5 Chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 T. chili powder
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. dried oregano
- ½ t. salt
- ¼ t. garlic powder
- ¼ t. pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced (2 t. minced garlic)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ C. chicken broth
- Put all the above ingredients in a crockpot, cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (or cook on high for 2-3 hours)
- Shred chicken with a fork and mix well.
2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- Add the black beans and green chilies and mix well. Let cook for another 30 minutes.
8 (6 inch) flour or corn tortillas, warmed (or leaf lettuce works great too!)
- Diced tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Shredded Mexican style cheese
- Corn chips
- Shredded Cheese
- Toppings (see above)
- Place chips on an ovenproof plate and spoon chicken mixture evenly of the top.
- Sprinkle with cheese
- Place in oven top shelf on broil.
- Broil for about 1 minute (keep a close eye; we are just melting the cheese, it doesn’t take long!)
- Remove and top with toppings
- Fresh flour tortillas
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Enchilada sauce
- Toppings (see above)
- Cover the bottom of a baking dish with a small amount of enchilada sauce.
- Spoon 3-4 tablespoons of chicken mixture in the middle of a flour tortilla, top with cheese and wrap. Place it seam side down. Repeat until the baking dish is full.
- Pour remaining enchilada sauce on top of enchiladas and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 ° for 30 minutes.
BREAKFAST EGG WHITES
- 32oz egg whites
- Salt & pepper
- Goat cheese
- Spray a medium skillet with cooking spray, place on stove on medium heat
- Pour egg whites in skillet
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, cover with a lid.
- Cook until the whites are no longer runny, about 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes, cut into 5 equal pieces. (see photo below)
- Place in storage containers; add 1-2T. goat cheese, cover with lid.
- Put in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat, loosen lid, put in microwave for 1 minute.