Bacon Wrapped Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bites
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1/3C. brown sugar
- 1½t. chili powder
- ½t. cumin
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut chicken into ½-1” pieces.
- Mix together sugar, chili powder and cumin.
- Cut bacon in half
- Place bacon on flat surface, roll chicken in bacon.
- Roll in sugar mixture until well coated; making sure ends are also covered with the sugar mixture.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Place on rack on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- 2½C. quick oats or old fashioned oats
- 1½C. vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/3C. pure maple syrup
- 2T. oil
- 1t. vanilla
- 1t. baking powder
- 1t. cinnamon
- 1/4t. salt
- Fruit; blueberries, baked apples, strawberries etc..
- Combine oats and milk in a large bowl. Mix, cover and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375° and coat a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with cupcake papers.
- Combine egg, syrup, oil, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon and salt with oats mixture and mix well.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into each muffin tin.
- Top with 1-2tablespoon of fruit.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until they spring back.
- Let cook for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Serve warm.
*Keep in the refrigerator or freeze them. Reheat in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Cheesecake Fruit Parfaits
- 1 (7oz.) jar of marshmallow fluff
- 1 pkg. cream cheese-softened
- Crushed graham crackers
- Combine the cream cheese and the marshmallow fluff in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Put some strawberries in the bottom of a parfait cup add cheesecake dip (or your favorite yogurt), add blueberries, more cheesecake dip and top with graham crackers!
Flower Party Favors
- Coffee filters; 6 for each flower
- Food coloring & water
- Cupcake cups
- Take two coffee filters; fold them in half and in half again and again…
- Starting towards the top of the folded coffee filters; cut a pedal in the shape you desire.
- Take two more coffee filters and repeat step one.
- Cutting towards the middle of the folded coffee filters; cut a pedal in the shape you desire.Pointed pedal will create a sunflower and rounded pedals are more diasy-like!
- Repeat step one with the last two coffee filters.
- Cutting closer to the bottom; cut a small pedal in the shape you desire.
- Put a small amount of water and add food coloring, swirl to mix. The more food coloring the brighter your flower will be.
- Dip an inch of the rounded pedal top edge of the filters in the food coloring. Set aside to dry. Repeat until all have been colored.
- Allow to completely dry, unfolding to help the drying process.
- After they are completely dry, open them up. Stack them with the largest on the bottom, then the medium ending with the small flowers.
- Staple the middle to secure.
- Place a small amount of glue on the bottom (in the middle) of a cupcake cup and place on top of the staple on the flower.
- Add cup cakes or candy!
Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
- 1 Rotisserie chicken-removed from the bone and chopped.
- ½ C. Dried craisins
- ½ C. Chopped almonds
- ½ of a Red & green pepper-chopped
- ¼ C. Chopped green onion
- 1 ½ T. Minced fresh rosemary
- ½ C. Seedless grapes-cut in half
- ½ C. Fage yogurt
- ¼ – ½ C. Mayo
- Leaf Lettuce
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Spoon into a piece of leaf lettuce like a taco.
St. Patrick’s Day Table Setting
Twice-Baked Chicken Potatoes
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken- removed from the bone
- 4 large baking potatoes
- ½ C. reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ C. low fat cottage cheese
- ½ C. chives-chopped
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- 1 C. shredded cheese + ¼C.
- (1 lb.Bacon – optional)
- Wrap each potato in plastic wrap and microwave for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise, and scoop out the “guts”, leaving a little bit in the shell.
- Combine potato guts, sour cream, cottage cheese, chives, 1 cup shredded cheese and half of the bacon in bowl and mix well.
- Add chicken; mix well.
- Spoon potato mixture into potato shells.
- Bake at 400° for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and remaining bacon bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Oreos (Family Pack)
- ½ stick butter
- 2-4oz. pkg. chocolate instant pudding & pie filling
- 2 C. cold milk
- 8oz. cool whip
- Crush ~32 Oreos in a food processor or resalable bag.
- Melt butter, mix in crushed cookies, press into a pie dish.
- Pour the 2 cups of cold milk into a bowl, add pudding and mix until thick. (About 2 minutes).
- Scoop out 1½ cups of chocolate pudding mix and spread on top of cookie crust.
- Mix half of the cool whip into the remaining chocolate pudding.
- Spread on top of the chocolate pudding in the pie dish.
- Crush 8-10 more cookies into larger chucks and mix in with remaining cook whip.
- Spread over pie.
- Crush the remaining cookies and sprinkle on top of pie.
- Refrigerate 4 hours.
How to make pie-pops for your Pi Day celebration!
Pi Day is celebrated on March 14th (3/14) around the world. Pi (?) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant — the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter — which is approximately 3.14159. Actually it’s just a great excuse to make these super fun pies on a stick! Happy Pi Day!
- Pie crust
- 1 egg- whisked
- Apples-peeled and cut into ½” small pieces
- Apple butter or apple sauce
- 1½” round cookie cutter
- Lollipop sticks (8” is best)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle the blueberries, cherries and apples with cinnamon-sugar; mix well.
- Place in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes stir again.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out pie dough to 1/8” thick.
- Using cookie cutter, cut out an equal number of rounds and place half on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush lightly with egg wash.
- Gently press the top 1” of the lollipop stick in the center of each round.
- Spoon approximately 3 blueberries, 1 cherry and 2-3 pieces of apple. Spoon ½t. applebutter on top of the apples.
- Top with the remaining half of rounds and gently press edges to seal.
- Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place in freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes, rotating halfway through or until golden brown. Let cool.
After they have cooled, wrap the tops in little plastic bags and tie with a decorative ribbon.
**Cutting small apple circles for pie-pops (see video below:
- Peel apple
- Slice into ¼” slices
- Using a ½” cookie cutter, cut small rounds from apple. You may need to use askewer to remove them from the cookie cutter.
- Flour tortillas
- Pizza Sauce
- Pizza toppings
- Mozzarella cheese
- Oregano/Italian Seasoning
- Canadian bacon
- Cooked bacon,
- Italian sausage
- Cooked chicken Basil
- Green or
- Red peppers
- Preheat the oven to 400?
- Put flour tortillas directly on the rack in the oven until they become crisp, flipping them once. About 3-4 minutes each side. Remove from oven carefully, they break easily. DO NOT FORGET THEY ARE IN THE OVEN…ONCE THEY START BURNING THEY BURN FAST! ?Tip: poke holes in the tortillas with a fork.
- Place tortilla on a plate, cutting board or other flat mobile surface (I love using those thin plastic flexible cutting boards).
- Spread pizza sauce on tortilla…(be careful not to break the tortilla)
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top of the sauce
- Add toppings of your choice
- Add more cheese on top.
- Shake on some oregano or Italian seasoning
- Slide your pizza from the cutting board directly onto the rack in the oven.
- Bake until the cheese melts…approx. 7-10 minutes.
- Carefully slide from oven rack back onto the cutting board.
- Cut into slices!
SOOO DELICIOUS and SUPER fun to make!! Kids and families love this!!
WHITE CHICKEN PIZZA: Basil pesto or olive oil instead of pizza sauce, add cheese, cooked shredded chicken. Bake and add fresh basil and goat cheese after removing it from the oven.
BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA: Barbeque sauce instead of pizza sauce, jack cheese, red onion, shredded cooked chicken, more jack cheese.