Cooking with Coop
St. Patrick’s Day Table Setting
Twice-Baked Chicken Potatoes
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken- removed from the bone
- 4 large baking potatoes
- ½ C. reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ C. low fat cottage cheese
- ½ C. chives-chopped
- ½ t. salt
- ½ t. black pepper
- 1 C. shredded cheese + ¼C.
- (1 lb.Bacon – optional)
- Wrap each potato in plastic wrap and microwave for 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise, and scoop out the “guts”, leaving a little bit in the shell.
- Combine potato guts, sour cream, cottage cheese, chives, 1 cup shredded cheese and half of the bacon in bowl and mix well.
- Add chicken; mix well.
- Spoon potato mixture into potato shells.
- Bake at 400° for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and remaining bacon bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Oreos (Family Pack)
- ½ stick butter
- 2-4oz. pkg. chocolate instant pudding & pie filling
- 2 C. cold milk
- 8oz. cool whip
- Crush ~32 Oreos in a food processor or resalable bag.
- Melt butter, mix in crushed cookies, press into a pie dish.
- Pour the 2 cups of cold milk into a bowl, add pudding and mix until thick. (About 2 minutes).
- Scoop out 1½ cups of chocolate pudding mix and spread on top of cookie crust.
- Mix half of the cool whip into the remaining chocolate pudding.
- Spread on top of the chocolate pudding in the pie dish.
- Crush 8-10 more cookies into larger chucks and mix in with remaining cook whip.
- Spread over pie.
- Crush the remaining cookies and sprinkle on top of pie.
- Refrigerate 4 hours.
How to make pie-pops for your Pi Day celebration!
Pi Day is celebrated on March 14th (3/14) around the world. Pi (?) is the symbol used in mathematics to represent a constant — the ratio of the circumference of a circle to its diameter — which is approximately 3.14159. Actually it’s just a great excuse to make these super fun pies on a stick! Happy Pi Day!
- Pie crust
- 1 egg- whisked
- Apples-peeled and cut into ½” small pieces
- Apple butter or apple sauce
- 1½” round cookie cutter
- Lollipop sticks (8” is best)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle the blueberries, cherries and apples with cinnamon-sugar; mix well.
- Place in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes stir again.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out pie dough to 1/8” thick.
- Using cookie cutter, cut out an equal number of rounds and place half on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush lightly with egg wash.
- Gently press the top 1” of the lollipop stick in the center of each round.
- Spoon approximately 3 blueberries, 1 cherry and 2-3 pieces of apple. Spoon ½t. applebutter on top of the apples.
- Top with the remaining half of rounds and gently press edges to seal.
- Brush tops with egg wash and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Place in freezer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Place in oven and bake for 25 minutes, rotating halfway through or until golden brown. Let cool.
After they have cooled, wrap the tops in little plastic bags and tie with a decorative ribbon.
**Cutting small apple circles for pie-pops (see video below:
- Peel apple
- Slice into ¼” slices
- Using a ½” cookie cutter, cut small rounds from apple. You may need to use askewer to remove them from the cookie cutter.
- Flour tortillas
- Pizza Sauce
- Pizza toppings
- Mozzarella cheese
- Oregano/Italian Seasoning
- Canadian bacon
- Cooked bacon,
- Italian sausage
- Cooked chicken Basil
- Green or
- Red peppers
- Preheat the oven to 400?
- Put flour tortillas directly on the rack in the oven until they become crisp, flipping them once. About 3-4 minutes each side. Remove from oven carefully, they break easily. DO NOT FORGET THEY ARE IN THE OVEN…ONCE THEY START BURNING THEY BURN FAST! ?Tip: poke holes in the tortillas with a fork.
- Place tortilla on a plate, cutting board or other flat mobile surface (I love using those thin plastic flexible cutting boards).
- Spread pizza sauce on tortilla…(be careful not to break the tortilla)
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top of the sauce
- Add toppings of your choice
- Add more cheese on top.
- Shake on some oregano or Italian seasoning
- Slide your pizza from the cutting board directly onto the rack in the oven.
- Bake until the cheese melts…approx. 7-10 minutes.
- Carefully slide from oven rack back onto the cutting board.
- Cut into slices!
SOOO DELICIOUS and SUPER fun to make!! Kids and families love this!!
WHITE CHICKEN PIZZA: Basil pesto or olive oil instead of pizza sauce, add cheese, cooked shredded chicken. Bake and add fresh basil and goat cheese after removing it from the oven.
BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA: Barbeque sauce instead of pizza sauce, jack cheese, red onion, shredded cooked chicken, more jack cheese.
How to Make Potato Skins; An Appetizer, Breakfast or a Meal! Step by Step Instructions in 5 minutes!
- Baking potatoes
- Cooking oil
- Cooked bacon–chopped into small pieces
- Shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Bake potatoes; Quick Baking Tip: wrap potato in plastic wrap, microwave for about 7 minutes. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Gently spoon out inside of potato. Tip: It’s easier when the potato is still warm.
- Add ½” of oil in a skillet and heat on medium high heat.
- Put skins in oil, making sure the hot oil is inside the scooped out part of the potato.
- Fry for about 10 minutes until light golden brown, continually scooping hot oil into the potato.
- Turn the potato skins over to cook the edges.
- Remove from heat onto a paper towel.
- Place skins on a baking sheet.
- Add cheese and bacon
- Broil for 30-45 seconds until cheese melts.
Breakfast Skins: Scramble eggs, spoon into the skins then add the cheese and bacon!
Valentine Cookie Pops
- 3 C. cake flour
- baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 eggs
- sour cream
- 1 t. vanilla
- Lollipop sticks
- Vanilla candy coating
- Valentine sprinkles
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time, mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll sugar cookie dough on a lightly floured surface about ½” thick.
- Cut into heart shapes using heart shaped cookie cutters.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While they are still warm, using heart shaped cookie cutter, cut them out again to reshape them. They get poofy when they bake.
- Melt a small amount of vanilla candy coating.
- Dip the tip of a lollipop stick about 1” into melted candy coating and insert stick into bottom of cookie about 1”. Repeat. Return cookies to parchment lined baking sheet. Let chill for an hour.
- Melt candy coating in a coffee cup, dip cookies in melted candy coating, place on parchment lined baking sheet and decorate with sprinkles!
- Let sit for at least an hour before wrapping.
Chicken Romaine Lettuce Boats
- Basha’s Rotisserie chicken-removed from bone
- Romaine lettuce
- Cherry/grape tomatoes- cut in half
- Bacon-cooked and cut into bits
- Spreadable cream cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Spread cream cheese on Romaine lettuce leaf.
- Add chicken.
- Top with tomatoes, avocado & bacon.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
I am soooo excited to have been chosen by the Bashas’ judges for my Bashas’ rotisserie chicken recipe challenge!