BLUEBERRY OATMEAL MUFFINS
- 2 1/2C. old fashioned oatmeal (you can use quick oats in a pinch)
- 1 1/2C. skimmed milk, 2% or almond milk (I use vanilla almond)
- 1 egg
- 1/3 C. pure maple syrup
- 2T. olive oil
- 1t. vanilla
- 1t. baking powder
- 1t. cinnamon
- 1/4t. salt
- 3/4-1C. Blueberries
- Combine the oats and milk in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375?
- Remove the oats from the fridge and give them a good stirring.
- Add in the eggs, syrup, oil, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop oatmeal batter into the muffin tins.
- Top each one with a tablespoon or so of blueberries.
- Bake for 25 minutes, remove from oven and let cool.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Medium size bowl
- Muffin tin
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
OTHER FUN-YUMMY IDEA’S TO TRY…..
You can top with any other kind of berries (strawberries, blackberries) or chopped apples. If you decide to use apples follow the directions below.
- Chop the 2 –3 medium sized apples into small pieces.
- Add about 1/4” of water to a small saucepan, add the apples, and sprinkle with 1t. cinnamon.
- Put on the stove on medium-low (about 2-3 o’clock) and bring to a simmer.
- Let simmer for about 5 –7 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Top the muffins with 1-2 tablespoons of the apples before cooking.
Substitute Avocado for Mayonnaise!!
Substitute an avocado for mayonnaise on sandwiches or in your chicken salad recipes!
A GREAT Tip; Cook a bunch of chicken breasts or thighs (grill, stove top or oven), let them cool. Cut or shred them into portion sizes, put them in sandwich bags then put those bags in a large freezer re-sealable bag.
You can whip out a meal in 5-10 minutes or use them for no-hassle-already-prepped-chicken recipes. SNAAAAAPPP!!
Gluten-Free Healthy Breakfast Oatmeal Cookies with a GREAT SONG & DANCE!!
- 1 C. Pamela’s Gluten-Free Baking Mix
- 1 ½ C. of old fashioned rolled oats (quick cooking is ok too- do not use instant)
- ½ t. baking soda
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 2 t. cinnamon
- ½ C. honey
- ½ C. oil
- ½ C. peanut butter
- 1 large egg (beat with 1 tablespoon water)
- 2 t. vanilla
- ½ C. Dark chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, beat egg with water.
- Add the remaining wet ingredients to bowl and mix together. Tip: When measuring out the honey, measure the oil first then use the same cup for the honey. Your honey won’t stick to the cup. Or spray the measuring cup with cooking oil spray if you’re not using oil.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Add chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 335 degrees (lower temperature due to the honey in the recipe which will burn more easily).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until golden on the bottom of the cookie.
Shrimp Quesadilla-cause I am SOOOO sick of chicken!
- 2t. olive oil
- 1lb.shrimp; raw, deveined (thawed if frozen)
- 1 red pepper-diced
- 1 green pepper-diced
- 1 onion- diced
- 1t. cumin
- 1t. oregano
- 1t. garlic salt
- 1T. chili powder
- Shredded cheese (2oz. per quesadilla)
- Low carb tortillas
Extry’s: Salsa, avocado & low-fat sour cream
- Put the oil and the peppers and onion in a skillet on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in the cumin, oregano, garlic salt and chili powder. Continue to cook for another minute.
- Add the shrimp, cook until it turns a light color, usually it’s pink but you won’t be able to tell that it’s pink with all the spices, it’ll just be lighter in color.
- Spray another skillet with cooking spray and turn on medium high heat.
- Put the tortilla in the skillet, on half of it add 2oz.of cheese and spoon some of the veggie and shrimp mixture on top.
- Cook for about two minutes or so, then fold the other half over.
- Serve with avocado & salsa.
There is always room in every healthy eating plan for a DEEE-LLIIOUSSS treat! Or if you’d like to stay on track use yogurt!!
1 (7oz.) jar of marshmallow fluff
1 pkg. cream cheese-softened
Combine the cream cheese and the marshmallow fluff in a medium bowl and mix well.
Cheesecake Dip Parfaits
- Put a small handful of blueberries in the bottom of a parfait cup.
- Add a spoonful of cheesecake dip or your favorite yogurt.
- Add some cut up strawberries
- Add another spoonful of cheesecake dip or your favorite yogurt.
- Top with smashed graham crackers.
** Make as many layers as your parfait glass will allow.
Homemade Peanut Butter Popcorn
- ½ C. un-popped popcorn
- 1 C. nuts
- 1/3 C. honey
- ¼ t. salt
- 2/3 C. peanut butter
- Pop the popcorn (it will be about 10 cups) and put in a large bowl.
- Smash the nuts into small pieces.
- Combine the honey, salt and peanut butter in a saucepan and heat until bubbly.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn, mix a bit, then add the chopped nuts and mix well.
Homemade Almond-Cranberry Granola
- 4C. old fashioned oats
- 1t. cinnamon
- ½ t. salt
- 1 C. dried fruit
- 1 C. nuts
- 5 T. coconut oil
- 1 t. vanilla
- ½ C. pure maple syrup
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 300°.
- Mix the oats, salt, cinnamon, fruit & nuts in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut oil, vanilla, maple syrup and egg whites.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with dry ingredients and mix thoroughly..
- Put on parchment lined baking sheets in the shape of a wreath.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, let cool 15 minutes.
Homemade Almond Milk
1 C. raw almonds
3-4 C. water
Cheesecloth or a nut bag (not to be confused with your least favorite co-worker…)
Optional: Pure maple syrup, vanilla or honey
Breaded Dijon Pork Tenderloin with Healthy Homemade Applesauce
- 1lb. pork tenderloin
- 1T. Dijon mustard
- ½ C. whole wheat bread crumbs
- ½ t. thyme
- ½ t. sea salt
- ¼ t. caraway seeds
- ¼ t. fennel seeds
- ¼ t. black pepper
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high heat
- Combine bread crumbs and spices in a shallow baking dish and mix well.
- Brush pork tenderloin with Dijon mustard
- Roll pork tenderloin in bread crumb mixture until well coated.
- Add pork and cook for about 2 minutes each side or until light brown.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place meat on a cutting board and cover with tin foil; let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
Healthy Homemade Applesauce
- 2-3 apples-diced in small pieces.
- ½ C. + 1 ½ t. pure apple juice
- 1 ½ t. cornstarch
- ¼ C. pure maple syrup
- Heat apples in a saucepan with ½ C. apple juice and maple syrup until soft, about 10 minutes
- Whisk 1 ½ t. apple juice and cornstarch on a small bowl, add to apples and stir until thickened.
- Serve on top of the pork tenderloin
Sweet Potato –Kale Mash
- 2 sweet potatoes-peeled and diced
- 7 C. kale- chopped into small pieces
- 2 T. honey
- ¼ C. almond milk
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add the potatoes and continue boiling for 10 minutes
- Add the kale and cook for additional 10 minutes
- Drain and put back into the pan
- Mash the potatoes and continue to mix the kale.
- Add the honey and milk and mix thoroughly.