Cooking with Coop
Amazingly Delicious Oreo Bread
- 3 ½ C. flour
- 1 C. chopped Oreos + ½ C. finely crushed Oreos
- 1 package of yeast
- ¾ C. warm water
- ¼ C. melted butter (½ stick)
- ½ C. milk
- 3 eggs
- In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine water and yeast. Stir to combine. The water should be between 110-115 degrees F.; which is pretty much hot tap water. Don’t microwave it, it’ll be too hot!! Let the yeast dissolve in the water while you measure your dry ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour mixture and Oreos.
- Add yeast mixture, butter, milk and eggs.
- Using an electric mixer, mix dough for five minutes on medium-high speed. Your dough should be soft, thick, and sticky. If you are using a handheld mixer, the dough will try to “climb” the beaters. Be sure to use a rubber spatula to push the dough back into the bowl.
- Lightly grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with vegetable spray.
- Spread batter evenly into the pan. Top with mini Oreo’s or crushed Oreo’s.
- Cover the loaf lightly with a piece of greased plastic wrap. (If you cover the loaf tightly, the dough will have trouble rising.)
- Allow dough to rise for at least 1 hour. If an hour isn’t long enough let it rise until it has risen a little over the top of the pan, then it is ready.
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees F. (Keep dough covered while preheating the oven.)
- Remove plastic wrap and bake for 55 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 208 degrees-211 degrees F. If the crust of your bread begins to get too dark before the internal temperature of the bread reaches 208 degrees, simply cover the loaf with a piece of aluminum foil. This will allow the bread to continue baking without burning the crust.
- Remove bread from oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
- Turn it out onto a wire rack to cool.
What do you do if your birthday falls on 8/21/2017? Why, you get a solar eclipse cake! SUPER FUN and DELICIOUS!!!
What is a Hobbit?
What is a Hobbit hole?
Cheese Stuffed Basil Burgers
These burgers are stuffed with an amazing cheese mixture, grilled and topped with MORE cheese! These step-by-step instructions help you easily make these delicious burgers for dinner or any celebration or party!
- 1 ½ lb. ground beef or turkey
- 2T. Worcestershire sauce
- 2T. oregano
- 2t. minced garlic
- 1t. garlic salt
- ¼ C. chopped fresh basil
- ¼ C. goat cheese
- ¼ C. mozzarella cheese
- ¼ C. cheddar-jack
- ¼ C. cream cheese
- ¼ C. mayonnaise
- Mix meat, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, garlic, garlic salt and basil in a bowl and shape evenly into 8 burgers.
- Combine all the cheeses together and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop the cheese mixture evenly in the center of 4 of the burgers.
- Put the other half of the burger on top and pinch the edges (so the cheese won’t leak out while cooking).
- Grill burgers using indirect heat for about 5-7 minutes each side.
- Top with another slice of cheese and remove from the grill.
Cake Batter Ice Cream with Cookie Dough, Oreos, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Fudge & Toffee
2C. Heavy Whipping Cream
½ C. Cake Batter
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Mini Oreos & Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Toffee
- Chocolate Frosting-frozen
- You can use any treats you like; mini Kit-Kats, chocolate chips, frozen peanut butter etc…
- Pour milk, heavy cream and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk thoroughly until sugar dissolves.
- Add cake batter a little at a time and whisk until blended well.
- Add mixture to your ice cream maker and allow to churn for 6-8 minutes before adding the treats.
- Slowly add treats one at a time.
- Pour ice cream back into the mixing bowl and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
ICE CREAM SANWICHES
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cookie Cutter- a little smaller than the cookies
- Ice Cream
- Pour ice cream into a baking dish lines with parchment paper.
- Freeze for 3-4 hours
- Lift the ice cream from the baking dish with the parchment paper.
- Cut circles out of the ice cream with the cookie cutters.
- Using the spatula slide the circles of ice cream one of the cookies, top with the other cookie.
- Add the sprinkles to the sides of the cookies.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze until ready to eat!
Real or Fake???
Bacon Wrapped Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts-On the Grill!
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1/4C. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4C. shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4C. cheddar-jack cheese
- 1/4C. goat cheese
- 1/4C. mayonnaise
- cream cheese (room temperature)
- 1/2C. chopped artichokes
- minced garlic
- Butterfly the chicken breasts and gently pound until 1/2″ thick, keeping the chicken halves equal in size.
- Combine the cheeses, mayonnaise, artichoke hearts and minced garlic in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the cheese mixture on one side of each chicken breast and place other chicken half on top so the chicken breast is “back together”.
- Carefully wrap the chicken breast with bacon making sure to cover the entire chicken breast.
- Gently place wrapped chicken on a baking sheet (I use a disposable one) with a cooling rack (to help the bacon cook evenly). Top with pepper.
- Gill using indirect heat for an hour or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from grill and let rest for ~15 minutes.
Bacon Wrapped Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bites
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1/3C. brown sugar
- 1½t. chili powder
- ½t. cumin
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut chicken into ½-1” pieces.
- Mix together sugar, chili powder and cumin.
- Cut bacon in half
- Place bacon on flat surface, roll chicken in bacon.
- Roll in sugar mixture until well coated; making sure ends are also covered with the sugar mixture.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Place on rack on a baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- 2½C. quick oats or old fashioned oats
- 1½C. vanilla almond milk
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/3C. pure maple syrup
- 2T. oil
- 1t. vanilla
- 1t. baking powder
- 1t. cinnamon
- 1/4t. salt
- Fruit; blueberries, baked apples, strawberries etc..
- Combine oats and milk in a large bowl. Mix, cover and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 375° and coat a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with cupcake papers.
- Combine egg, syrup, oil, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon and salt with oats mixture and mix well.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into each muffin tin.
- Top with 1-2tablespoon of fruit.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until they spring back.
- Let cook for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Serve warm.
*Keep in the refrigerator or freeze them. Reheat in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
Cheesecake Fruit Parfaits
- 1 (7oz.) jar of marshmallow fluff
- 1 pkg. cream cheese-softened
- Crushed graham crackers
- Combine the cream cheese and the marshmallow fluff in a medium bowl and mix well.
- Put some strawberries in the bottom of a parfait cup add cheesecake dip (or your favorite yogurt), add blueberries, more cheesecake dip and top with graham crackers!