My video, THE BLIND DATE WON as a Fan Favorite finalists in the 2018 Wisconsin Grilled Cheese Recipe Showdown!!! Thank you to everyone that voted!! I am humbly grateful!!
Taste of Home; Comfort Food with a Modern Twist- 2nd Prize!
Gruyere Grilled Cheese with Date-Bacon Jam
- bacon cut into ½” pieces
- 1 large sweet onion finely chopped
- garlic minced
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ cup shredded gruyere cheese
- ½ cup spreadable brie cheese
- 8 slices sourdough bread cut into ½” slices
- Butter for spreading
FIRST: MAKE BACON-DATE JAM
- Heat a heavy skillet or pot over medium heat and add bacon. Cook until crisp. Remove from pot, place on a paper towel set aside.
- Pour remaining bacon grease into a jar or clean metal can.
- Add 2 tablespoons of reserved bacon grease to pot, add onion and garlic. Cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally until caramelized about 35-40 minutes.
- Add the bacon, dates, cider, water, salt and pepper. Stir well, reduce heat to simmer and cover for about 45 minutes.
- Remove lid, continue to simmer, stirring every 15-20 minutes for 90 minutes
- Let cool.
- Combine the cheeses in a small bowl mix well.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Generously butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Evenly spread the cheese mixture on the other side of each slice.
- Spread bacon-date jam on four of the slices of bread and put the sandwiches together. Place in the skillet, butter side down.
- Grill until golden brown; flip over.
Super cute, easy to make, fun for the entire family! Great for a centerpiece or garden!
Super cute, super fun and super easy to make!
Perfect for cupcakes, candy holders or party favors!
Subscribe to our fabulous YouTube Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheKathyCooper
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for watching!!
St. Patrick’s Day Table Setting
Valentine Cookie Pops
- 3 C. cake flour
- baking powder
- ½ t. salt
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 eggs
- sour cream
- 1 t. vanilla
- Lollipop sticks
- Vanilla candy coating
- Valentine sprinkles
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- Mix sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
- Add flour mixture a little at a time, mix well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Roll sugar cookie dough on a lightly floured surface about ½” thick.
- Cut into heart shapes using heart shaped cookie cutters.
- Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- While they are still warm, using heart shaped cookie cutter, cut them out again to reshape them. They get poofy when they bake.
- Melt a small amount of vanilla candy coating.
- Dip the tip of a lollipop stick about 1” into melted candy coating and insert stick into bottom of cookie about 1”. Repeat. Return cookies to parchment lined baking sheet. Let chill for an hour.
- Melt candy coating in a coffee cup, dip cookies in melted candy coating, place on parchment lined baking sheet and decorate with sprinkles!
- Let sit for at least an hour before wrapping.
Valentine Sugar Cookie Truffles
- 12 sugar cookies
- cream cheese
- Vanilla candy coating
- Sprinkles for decorating
- Put cookies in food processor and process until fine, or place them in a resalable bag, using a rolling pin roll until crumbs are fine.
- Leaving them in the processor add cream cheese and pulse until creamy, or dump the crumbs in a bowl, add cream cheese and mx until creamy.
- Roll into 1” balls, place on a parchment lined plate or baking sheet and place in the freezer for an hour.
- Melt candy coating in a coffee cup according the package directions.
- Dip cookie truffles in candy coating and place on the parchment lined plate or baking sheet. Let them set.