Valentine-Love- Cherry Pies
- Premade Pie Crust
- 1/3C. Sugar
- ¼ C. Water
- 2T. Cornstarch
- 1T. lime juice
- 3C. fresh or frozen dark sweet cherries-no pits
- 1 egg-lightly beaton
- Course sugar
- In a saucepan combine sugar, water, cornstarch and lemon juice until smooth.
- Add cherries; bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir 1 minute or until thick.
- Remove from heat, stir, set a side to cool
- Preheat oven to 400°
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll the piecrust.
- Cut out hearts with a 4” cookie cutter.
- Using a knife or a ¼ “ heart shape cookie cutter cut out small hearts from remaining hearts.
- Spoon 2T. cherries onto center of crust.
- Brush edges of pastry with egg, top with cutout hearts and press edges with a fork.
- Brush tops with egg, sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- Let pies stand 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
Credit: Taste of Home