**Good Idea: Make this the night before Thanksgiving. So it will be nice and chilled.
- 1 (12oz.) package of fresh cranberries
- 2 medium pears –RIPE! You may have to buy them the week before!
- 1 C. sugar
- ¾ C. water
- 1-2 t. ginger
- ¼ t. cinnamon
- 1/8 t. salt
- In a large pan, combine all the ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until berries pop about 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate.
- DON’T FORGET TO SERVER IT!!
- Put the giblets in a pan of water, bring to a boil and simmer until the meat falls off the neck bone. (about an hour)
- Let it cool then remove as much meat from the neck bone as you can and save the liquid in the pan.
- In a jar with a tight lid, mix ¼ cup of flour with 1 cup of the liquid from the giblets and shake vigorously.
- Once the turkey has been removed from the roasting pan, remove the drippings from the roasting pan and put in a large measuring cup (or bowl) and let cool. The grease will rise to the top.
- Skim the fat off of the top with a large spoon.
- Place the roasting pan on two burners on the stove and turn the heat on medium.
- Add the flour mixture to the roasting pan whisking consistently.
- When it starts to thicken and boil, turn the heat down to low.
*This may be a good time to transfer the gravy to a pan to keep warm on the stove.
**If the gravy becomes too thick, use the liquid from the giblets to cut it.