- Baking potatoes
- Cooking oil
- Cooked bacon–chopped into small pieces
- Shredded cheddar/jack cheese
- Sour cream
- Bake potatoes; Quick Baking Tip: wrap potato in plastic wrap, microwave for about 7 minutes. Let cool for about 30 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Gently spoon out inside of potato. Tip: It’s easier when the potato is still warm.
- Add ½” of oil in a skillet and heat on medium high heat.
- Put skins in oil, making sure the hot oil is inside the scooped out part of the potato.
- Fry for about 10 minutes until light golden brown, continually scooping hot oil into the potato.
- Turn the potato skins over to cook the edges.
- Remove from heat onto a paper towel.
- Place skins on a baking sheet.
- Add cheese and bacon
- Broil for 30-45 seconds until cheese melts.
Breakfast Skins: Scramble eggs, spoon into the skins then add the cheese and bacon!