Ground Turkey (or beef), Peppers, Onion, Mushrooms & Tomato Skillet (or not)
Or we can call it Just Meat, Noodles and Cheese….until you develop a pallet for vegetables, which, in some cases, may be never….
I call this, for obvious reasons, … Friday Night Special
(Of course you can leave out any ingredient you don’t like, which might be the peppers and the mushrooms and probably the tomatoes…..my experience was that at some point after my 39th birthday I begin to enjoy these vegetables.)
- 1 package of ground turkey or lean beef
- 1small onion chopped
- 1 green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper-chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 package of fresh mushrooms
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes
- 1 package of whole wheat rigatoni or spiral noodles
- Oregano & any other Italian spices you like
- Olive oil
- 2 C. fresh grated parmesan cheese
The noodles (pasta):
- Heat a pot of water to boiling, add the pasta and cook until done. (the pasta is done when the time on the package directions is reached..)
- Drain the noodles- don’t rinse them- and put them back in a large mixing bowl.
- While the water is heating…..In a skillet (or large pot sprayed with cooking spray), brown the ground turkey or beef with the onion and oregano.
- When it is done, drain the excess liquid off.
- Put back on the stove and add the veggies cooking until tender about 15 minutes.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and set them aside.
- Add the meat mixture to the noodles and mix thoroughly.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and mix again.
- Add 1 C. of fresh grated parmesan cheese and mix again. Mix well.
- Top it off with more cheese if you’d like. Yumm!!!