- Red skinned potatoes cut into chunks
- Chicken stock for a lactose free recipe or skimmed milk
- Optional: Roasted garlic & chives
- Put potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water
- Bring to boil
- Turn the heat down slightly and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and transfer them into a large mixing bowl. (Add the roasted garlic)
- Warm the chicken stock or milk slightly.
- With a mixer (or a Kitchen Aid mixer, I hope Santa bring me one for Christmas this year…) start to slowly mash the potatoes adding in the liquid a little at a time.
- Continue to mix to desired consistency.
- Transfer to your serving bowl and stir in the chives.
- Broccoli, washed and dried thoroughly
- 2T. Olive oil
- Garlic (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Cut the broccoli into florets and put in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive and toss until the broccoli is coated.
- Place in a single layer on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until tops become slightly browned.
THE BEST PART OF THANKSGIVING!!
- 6-8 Medium apples (Golden Delicious or Gala or a mixture)-peeled and thinly sliced.
- 1C. sugar
- 1t. cinnamon
- 1T. flour
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Mix together and put in a baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- 1 box of yellow cake mix
- ¼ C. brown sugar
- 1C. instant oatmeal
- 1 stick of butter cold- cut into small squares
- Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients together.
- Add the butter; use your hands to mix the butter and the dry mixture into small crumbly pieces.
- Sprinkle evenly over the top of the apples.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Let it cool before serving; about 2 hours.