Broiled Cauliflower with Olive Oil and Sea Salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1.5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss cauliflower in olive oil.
- Dump onto a cooking sheet.
- Bake cauliflower in oven for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, turn oven to broil. Watch for about 5-10 minutes until cauliflower is almost burnt.
- Remove from oven and place in bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon (if desired) and add sea salt to taste.
Additions and Options:
1/4 c. parmesan cheese, grated
1 tbsp. pine nuts
Juice of 1 lemon
Sprinkle parmesan and pine nuts on cauliflower right before turning the oven to broil. Keep a close eye on the melting cheese (3-5 minutes in the broiler).